Jan 6, 2012

52 in 2012

The new years goal for 2012 is to make 52 new meals. One meal per week. The big challenge that I am placing on this goal is that every meal must be something that I've never attempted before. I've cooked quite a bit and have always wanted to do more cooking from scratch. For this challenge, I'm going to be preparing just about everything fresh with the exception of bread/cheese/growing my own veggies... That just seems to be going a tad overboard. A few weekly meals are going to be attempting to duplicate famous recipes from restaurants such as Olive Garden, Red Lobster... One thing that I am definately doing is creating my own dishes, just to see how crazy my creative side is.

To go along with these all of these meals, I'm going to  hone my photography skills. I want the pictures of the meals to be magazine/cookbook quality. Not just a picture from my phone or simple camera... But something where if I saw that picture in a magazine, I would try and eat it. I would definately love to put together a cookbook at the end of the year with the recipes and pictures.

Stay tuned for a weekly posting on the meal of the week!!
-Nathan