Apr 13, 2012

Week 15 - Chocolate Truffles

Week 15 - Chocolate Truffles

Before I get started, I haven't broken my 2012 new years resolution. Last week I did make pirouettes. At least the stuff that I ended up tasted pirouette-like.... Either way, I attempted to make some stuff and the taste was there but the appearance was not. I took some pictures and just felt it wasnt blog worthy. I'm gonna have to redo it and will post it soon as Week 14-Pirouettes.

So now begins week 15's blog redemption. I needed to save last week's failure by making something amazing. To gain some brownie points (pun absolutely intended) with the wife, I decided to make chocoloate, mixed with coffee, dipped in chocolate and drizzled in chocolate. Pretty easy recipe I think. Just make a chocolate ganache which is whipping cream, butter, corn syrup and seasonings which are cooked and poured over chopped chocolate. After 3 sets of chilling and stirring the velvety mix, the chocolate becomes dry and firm.



The next step would be to form some chocolate balls using a couple cold spoons or whatever other device you have. After another quick chill, the globs are better formed by hand and dipped in fresh dark chocolate.


Powder coated in cocoa powder

Left alone...

Insides tasted perfect.