Feb 20, 2012

Week 8 - Crème brûlée



There's just something about these bowls that I love. I received these for a Christmas present a few years ago and really love the way they look when all the bowls are stacked. I have used these bowls for every one of my dishes in the past weeks so needless to say, I used them again in this weeks endeavor.

This week, I made something that I have been craving for years..... I can't remember when the last time I had creme brulee was, but when I did it was nothing short of amazing. As an die hard egg fan, this dish really speaks to me. It whispers sweet nothings into my ear... holds me tight... rocks me to sleep... Anyways, this dish really surprised me on how easy it was to make! Although, I'm in the process of making it a challenge for the future (thinking spicy).

The main ingredient in this dish is egg yolk. Crazy eggs never know how to pose for a picture.

Everything is ready to bake.


Then came the FIRE!!!!!




Whoooaaaaahhhhh BABY!!



But what do you do with all the leftover egg whites?? Make white chocolate meringue drops!! duh....